This weekend was one of those crazy “nesting” weekends where you just want to bake and clean and organize. It could also be my response to all of the March Madness going on — SO MUCH BASKETBALL! I’m staying up until after midnight only to see my bracket fall to pieces… I guess that’s the beauty of March Madness.
So in the midst of all the games, I had some fun in the kitchen. Here’s what I came up with:
1. Coconut Oil Honey Almond Granola
- My take on the recipe: Add in 1 T of flax and 1/4 cup raisins. I also omitted the almond extract.
- This is the perfect “sweet and salty” granola
2. Homemade Salsa
- We tried this in the Vitamix. I may or may not have started on too high of a setting and created some V8 juice with the first batch 🙂 That batch got turned into black bean and salsa soup, which was delicious!
3. Ancho Lentil Tacos
- I could eat these every day, twice a day. The lentils are so good!!!
4. Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
Hopefully these brownie bites and delicious recipes from awesome bloggers will help get you through all the basketball. My absolute favorite part of the games happened earlier today when Kansas lost. This poor young boy kept being put on TV because he was crying so hard over Kansas’ defeat. Your moment of TV stardom will forever be known for your tears. Every boy’s dream. It was pretty hilarious though and got me through the realization that I picked Kansas to win it all.
Happy basketball watching and vegan cooking!
Until next time,